What you will be working on
You will also be involved in managing, analysing and making sense of large amounts of data from various sources, to optimise statistical processes and derive more insights from the data to support policy-making.
What we are looking for
• Possess knowledge or experience in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Accountancy, Actuarial Science and/or subjects with substantial quantitative content (e.g., regression, analytics, modelling, forecasting)
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to learn and apply relevant statistical and analytical tools and techniques for data compilation and analysis
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Able to work well both independently and as a member of a team
Development Opportunities and Benefits:
• DOS believes in the career development and training of our staff to bring out their best potential at work
• You will be equipped with skills and subject matter know-how via in-house and external learning and development opportunities. You will also be exposed to different statistical work via our structured job rotation programme.
• DOS offers attractive and market competitive benefits which include mid-year & year-end variable payments and market adjustment component.
• To support your personal needs, DOS also provides for flexible working arrangements including hybrid work and staggered working hours.
If you encounter any problem applying to our position(s) posted on the portal, please send your application directly to DOS via in**@si******.sg. Kindly include the error message displayed on the Careers@Gov page. Thank you.
About the Department of Statistics
The Singapore Department of Statistics is the National Statistical Authority responsible for statistics on the Singapore economy and population.
We collect, compile, analyse and disseminate a wide range of economic, business, household and population data, as well as analyse and monitor trends in the economy and population.
With these vital inputs, policymakers, business decision makers and our data users gain valuable insights into current and emerging economic and social trends, enabling them to make calculated and informed decisions in the formulation of policies and strategies for the future. Apart from public agencies and businesses, our users also include researchers, analysts, educators, students, the media and the general public.
Join our team and make a difference by contributing important statistical input to facilitate policy planning and decision-making and support Singapore’s present and future economic and social development.