- Adopt cutting-edge data science techniques (using in-house coding tools or commercial software) to solve engineering problems (such as manufacturing process development, tool design, design for manufacturing DFM etc.)
- Lead multiple projects in developing data science solutions to support new product development in TE
- Collect and analyze experimental and simulation data from various sources, clean and transform it, and then analyze it to identify trends, patterns, and insights.
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to build predictive models that can be used to forecast future outcomes or make informed decisions.
- Communicate findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner. This may involve creating reports, visualizations, or presentations.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment with specialists in data science, electronics, material science, mechanics, additive manufacturing and other fields
- Work with local and global TE sites, and external customers and partners, to address urgent or strategic needs
- Partner with Singapore research institutes to develop advanced AI techniques, and assist with validation and knowledge transfer of outsourced projects
- Create awareness across TE of the AI modelling capabilities of the Singapore center
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Mechanical and Production (or related) plus 5 years experience in manufacturing process development
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (molding, extrusion, plating, stamping, assembly etc.) and design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Deep understanding of data science and machine learning algorithms involving multiple data types (having a second degree on data science is a plus)
- Keen interest in R&D involving coding and data processing
- Strong programming skill in Python, C++ or similar languages
- Familiarity with TE products, such as connectors, cables, sensors etc.
- Broad knowledge of different materials’ mechanical, electric, thermal properties, including polymer, metal and alloy
- Familiarity with project management