Discussion Effective Communication with Stakeholders in a Project
In this post, I will share some tips on facilitating quality communication among the various stakeholders involved in a project and effective use of communication tools.
Establish the team organisation
- Establish the roles of the members, e.g. technical lead, developer, project manager, project sponsor/product owner, etc.
- Lay out the responsibilities of each role.
- Well-communicated team organization provides transparency to every member involved, defines clear accountability of each member and facilitates effective communication among the members.
Establish the communication channel
- Employ good communication tools to enable quality communication.
- Ensure that all members who are involved in the project have access to the communication tools within their work network environment.
- Ensure that all members have been granted the essential functions like instant messaging, file sharing, file upload, file editing, whiteboarding, etc.
Establish the purpose of the communication channel
- Create sub-channels for specific purposes, e.g general, EDA, modeling, MLOps, deployment, etc.
- Sub-channels ensure that members are not overwhelmed with unnecessary information.
Enrol members in the channel
- Enrol only members who are required to be in the sub-channels.
- Ensure that each channel does not contain members who are not involved in the specific project activity.
In summary, effective communication is critical to deliver a successful project. The tips I've shared in this post would help a project manager in establishing quality and effective communication among the stakeholders for successful project delivery.